RFR - 6526682: JConsole shows negative CPU Usage

Erik Gahlin erik.gahlin at oracle.com
Sat Jun 1 01:06:14 PDT 2013

Nils, do you know why you get a negative number?

As I remember it, the MBean returns -1 if the value is not available on the platform. I think there should be a message that tells the user that

Now it's just a matter of time before somebody files a bug that they got 0% instead of the CPU load they actually have on their machine. The negative value was at least a hint to the user that the value can't be trusted

Erik