[9] RFR (S) 6762191: Setting stack size to 16K causes segmentation fault

Chris Plummer chris.plummer at oracle.com
Thu Dec 4 08:12:58 UTC 2014

On 12/3/14 4:56 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 02/12/2014 02:39, Chris Plummer wrote:
>> Sorry about the long delay in getting back to this. I ran into two
>> separate JPRT issues that were preventing me from testing these
>> changes, plus I was on vacation last week. Here's an updated webrev.
>> I'm not sure where we left things, so I'll just say what's changed
>> since the original version:
>>
>> 1. Rewrote the test to be in Java instead of a shell script.
>> 2. Moved the test from hotspot/test/runtime/memory to
>> jdk/test/tools/launcher
>> 3. Added STACK_SIZE_MINIMUM to java.c, allowing a makefile to
>> override the default 32k minimum value.

>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~cjplummer/6762191/webrev.02/
> This looks to me. A minor comment for java.c is that this code uses
> 4-space indent (different to hotspot).
>
> The test looks okay too, you might just checking the copyright date as
> I assume was not written in 2010. Also I think the import of
> java.io.File may be left behind from the previous round.
>
> -Alan
Hi Alan,

While removing the java.io.File import, I also questioned why I had
java.io.IOException being imported. There were a couple of methods that
declared it thrown, and the main method therefore had to catch it, but
it turns out this was just copy/paste from the Settings.java test I used
as a template, and is not actually needed. I removed the import, throws,
and try/catch of IOException.

All the other issues mentioned by others have also been addressed. A new
webrev can be found at:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~cjplummer/6762191/webrev.03/

thanks,

Chris