RFR: JDK-8234808: jdb quoted option parsing broken

Alex Menkov alexey.menkov at oracle.com
Fri Aug 7 22:09:23 UTC 2020

Hi all,

please review the fix for
webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~amenkov/jdk16/jdb_options/webrev/

Some background:
when jdb launches debuggee process it passes java options from "options"
value for CommandLineLaunch connector and forward options specified
before command.

The fix solves several discovered issues:
- proper handling of java options with spaces
- if both way are used to specify java options, forwarded options
override options from "options" value

VMConnection class implements tricky logic for "options" field parsing
for JFR needs (handling of single and double quotes). I decided to keep
it as is to avoid massive test failures with JFR (there is no test
coverage for this functionality and I'm not sure I understand all
requirements).

--alex