RFR: 8265240: runtime/Thread/SuspendAtExit.java needs updating

Daniel D.Daugherty dcubed at openjdk.java.net
Tue Apr 20 15:49:31 UTC 2021

I'm updating the runtime/Thread/SuspendAtExit.java test:

- switch from java.lang.Thread.suspend() to JVM/TI SuspendThread()
- switch from java.lang.Thread.resume() to JVM/TI ResumeThread()
- switch from counter-based to time-based testing
- improve error checking since we're now using an API with error codes!

I've used this test to stress @robehn's fix for JDK-8257831 using both
invocation styles for 9 hours each in {fastdebug, release, slowdebug}
configs without any issues.

I've run the updated test thru Mach5 Tier[134567] testing; one timeout
was observed in a single Tier6 run on Win-X64. I believe this is a case of
a lost Thread.interrupt() call.

Commit messages:
 - 8265240: runtime/Thread/SuspendAtExit.java needs updating

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3576&range=00
  Stats: 213 lines in 2 files changed: 165 ins; 21 del; 27 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3576/head:pull/3576