RFR: 8290525: Move HeapRegion::_compaction_top to G1FullCollector

Thomas Schatzl tschatzl at openjdk.org
Tue Jul 19 15:55:26 UTC 2022

Hi all,

  can I have reviews for this change that moves `HeapRegion::_compaction_top` into the `G1FullCollector` class; my reasoning is that these values are transient temporary values only ever useful for the full collection algorithm, basically results of the application of the algorithm, that are otherwise unused. This makes `HeapRegion` a bit easier to understand/read.

Testing: tier1-3

Thanks,
  Thomas

Commit messages:
 - fix copyright years
 - Fix verification - needs to be uninitialized (nullptr)
 - initial version

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9560/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=9560&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8290525