RFR: 8275775: Add jcmd VM.classes to print details of all classes [v6]

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Fri Mar 4 03:47:07 UTC 2022

On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 03:03:10 GMT, Yi Yang <yyang at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/hotspot/share/services/diagnosticCommand.cpp line 964:
>>
>>> 962:            "Dump the detail content of Java class. "
>>> 963:            "Some classes are annotated with flags: "
>>> 964:            "F = has finializer method, "
>>
>> typo finializer - but should be finalize
>>
>> Is this actually only present for "non-trivial finalize" method?
>
> I'm not sure what's the meaning of "non-trivial finalize" method, can you elaborate more for it?
> (P.S. All comments are addressed)

I mean a finalize() method that actually does something. I checked the code and you will print F is the current class has a non-empty finalize() method, or it has a superclass with a non-empty finalize method. I would suggest updating the text to:

`F = has, or inherits, a non-empty finalize method`

Thanks,
David