RFR: SKARA-5 Remove pipeline support from process

Erik Duveblad via github.com duke at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jun 26 12:10:44 UTC 2019

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 00:49:17 GMT, Jeyvison Nascimento via github.com <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> Hey Folks :) Is that what you meant with removing pipeline support? If it's not, let me know. Also, I think something must be changed in ProcessBuilder, am i right? And this PR has a test problem i'm not able to fix but if any of you give me some directions i can fix it and resend :)
>
> ----------------
>
> Commits:
>  - cf6700bd:	SKARA-5 Remove pipeline support from process
>
> Pull request:
> https://github.com/openjdk/skara/pull/2
>
> Webrev:
> https://openjdk.github.io/cr/skara/2/webrev.00
>
> Patch:
> https://github.com/openjdk/skara/pull/2.diff
>
> Fetch command:
> git fetch https://github.com/openjdk/skara.git cf6700bd:pr/2

process/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/process/Execution.java line 15:

> 14:  *
> 15:  * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License version
> 16:  * 2 along with this work; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,

This can also be made into a single `File stderrFile`, we no longer need the a list here (that was only used to support pipelines)

process/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/process/Execution.java line 103:

> 102:
> 103:         public int status() {
> 104:             return status;

So this would become essentially like the standard output case, `stderrFile = File.createTempFile("stderr", ".txt")`

process/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/process/Execution.java line 124:

> 123:             stderrFiles.add(stderrFile);
> 124:             processBuilder.redirectError(stderrFile);
> 125:         } else if (outputOption == Process.OutputOption.INHERIT) {

We can also remove the field `private List<java.lang.Process> processes` now, that can just be turned into `private java.lang.Process process` (the list was only there to support pipelines).

process/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/process/Execution.java line 135:

> 134:         cmd = String.join(" ", processBuilder.command());
> 135:         log.fine("Executing '" + cmd + "'");
> 136:

Can't you just the field `cmd` here instead that you updated on line 134?