[Rev 02] RFR: jcheck: add "problemlists" check

Igor Ignatyev iignatyev at openjdk.java.net
Mon Mar 23 13:49:38 UTC 2020

> Hi all,
>
> This is more of a request for comments than an actual PR.
>
> The idea behind the patch is to ensure that whenever someone fixes a bug, its ID is not used in any of the problem
> lists. As some of you might know this is not a hypothetical issue, people forget to clean problem lists quite often,
> which in some cases results in poorly tested patches. Although it's true that even if we ensure that all commits are
> correct, there still will be ways to have "fixed" bugs in problem lists, e.g. closing as WNF, duplicate, etc, it's
> nevertheless believed that the majority (or the most annoying) "violations" are caused by commits.  The proposed check
> parses all problem lists specified by `dirs` (bar-separated list of test suites) and `pattern` (regexp pattern for
> files withing the `dirs`) and verifies that none of the issues fixed by a patch is listed in any of problem lists. The
> original / python-time [patch](http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//jcheck/problem-list/webrev.00/index.html) used a
> list glob-pattern, but unfortunately, Java SE doesn't have a good(fast) API to find all files matching a glob, and I
> didn't want to bring 3rd party dependency just for this use-case.  Thanks,
> -- Igor

Igor Ignatyev has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now
contains ten commits:

 - Merge branch 'master' into master
 - corrected copyright year
 - added tests for ProblemListsCheck
 - cleaned up imports
 - ProblemListsIssue should use set to store information about files
 - refiened default pattern in ProblemListsConfiguration
 - updated ProblemListsCheck to list files in a dir via ReadOnlyRepository
 - updated ProblemListsCheck to read files' content via ReadOnlyRepository
 - added ProblemLists check to jcheck

Changes: https://git.openjdk.java.net/skara/pull/518/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/skara/518/webrev.02
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.java.net/skara/pull/518.diff