Draft PRs generate mails to ML?

Robin Westberg robin.westberg at oracle.com
Thu Oct 29 09:42:47 UTC 2020

Hi Thomas,

> On 29 Oct 2020, at 10:30, Thomas Stüfe <thomas.stuefe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When working on https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/839, I reverted the PR
> back to draft to temporarily stop mail delivery, then pushed a new commit (
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/839/commits/8d86e25a89e7e7f7af463a6bc9a58cb57fb63d05
> )
>
> This caused a new mail though to hotspot-runtime-dev, even though the PR
> was back in Draft state:
> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-runtime-dev/2020-October/043132.html
>
> Is this expected behaviour? I thought we do not generate mails when working
> on Draft PRs.

This is by design, once a PR has been made “public” by an initial RFR mail, it will continue to be bridged. We could change that, but it may be a bit strange for those who participate through the mailing list if the discussion continues “invisibly” on GitHub.. If you really want to withdraw an RFR you can also just close the PR and open a new one when/if it becomes ready for another round..

Best regards,
Robin