Skara Workflow for Update releases

Erik Helin erik.helin at oracle.com
Fri Oct 30 14:39:59 UTC 2020

On 10/29/20 5:11 PM, Langer, Christoph wrote:
>>> I’m asking because I’d like to see Skara being used consistently, also
>>> in JDK 11 Updates and I want to understand how far we’re away from that.
>> ��
>>
>> You are very close :) I've just started documenting the intended
>> workflow for backports, I will have more to share closer to the end of
>> this week.
>
> Eagerly looking forward to your update then ��

I've started documenting the workflow on the Skara wiki [0]. Note that
all pieces are not in place yet, the following issues still needs to be
implemented:

- SKARA-795: Add /backport commit command [1]
- SKARA-796: Add backport CLI command [2]
- SKARA-797: Show "diff of diffs" for non-clean backports [3]

I'm almost done with SKARA-795 and hope to wrap up all of this next week.

Thanks,
Erik

[0]: https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/SKARA/Backports
[1]: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/SKARA-795