Mirror jdk 8u to Skara

Erik Helin erik.helin at oracle.com
Tue Feb 16 15:20:37 UTC 2021

On 2/11/21 6:33 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> I'm looking at https://github.com/openjdk and I can't see any
> old OpenJDK trees. (By "old" I mean from before we went over to
> a unified repo.)

Check again :) Thanks to Erik Joelsson we have consolidated (and then
converted) a bunch of "old" repositories:

- https://github.com/openjdk/jdk6
- https://github.com/openjdk/jdk7
- https://github.com/openjdk/jdk8
- https://github.com/openjdk/jdk8u
- https://github.com/openjdk/jdk9
- https://github.com/openjdk/jdk9u

Note that jdk7u is missing, we are still working on that one.

On 2/11/21 6:33 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Can we have a mirror of jdk8u, please? I'd like to kick the tyres,
> and if it works well we can consider moving to it.

Yep, see above.

Since jdk8u is actively being developed using a Mercurial forest we can
unfortunately not do live mirroring. The Git mirrors of consolidated
repositories can only be updated every tag (and even that is not always
certain). Due to this we will update the jdk8u Git repository on a
best-effort basis. The Git repository at
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk8u is currently consolidated (and
converted) up until tag jdk8u292-b01.

Thanks,
Erik