Mirror jdk 8u to Skara

erik.joelsson at oracle.com erik.joelsson at oracle.com
Tue Feb 16 19:35:40 UTC 2021

Hello,

Awesome to see these converted repos posted!

I would like to stress, that these should still be viewed as prototype
conversions and need some tire kicking.

When looking at the change log in git, the commits are sorted by
creation date. This makes it look pretty weird compared to how my
mercurial mono repo looks. All the changes I created during the
consolidation (merges and tags) have the date at which the conversion
was done, so up until jdk8-b120, that's July 2017 and after that it's
2021. So all those changes are listed on top, and there are a lot of
them. We could change the conversion script to force other dates into
the changes, based on something in from the source changes being merged
or tagged, but since we didn't do that for the original consolidation,
doing so now would lose the common change history we now have with
mainline up until jdk8-b120.

/Erik