Still Invalid @openjdk.java.net mail addresses, and unassociated commits at GH

Magnus Ihse Bursie magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com
Thu Feb 18 16:31:31 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-18 15:38, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> It has been six months now.
>
> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/skara-dev/2020-October/003617.html
> - we still have invalid mail addresses like stuefe at openjdk.java.net, which
> cannot be replied to, read or verified in GitHub. They clutter the mailing
> list archive with invalid mail addresses too.

I do believe this works now. At least I get mails to
ihse at openjdk.java.net delivered to my Oracle mail address. Maybe the
mapping for non-Oracle mail address is not finished yet..?

(I also get mails to ihse at openjdk.org, but that seems to work only from
Oracle's SMTP servers, not from outside servers)

> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/skara-dev/2020-October/003752.html
> - we also still have this issue, which may linked to the invalid mail
> addresses, that a large number of the developers has no real link between
> their GitHub user and their commits to openjdk are not linked to their user
> name. The proposed workaround of adding the unverified openjdk mail address
> to GH did not work, at least not in my case.
>
> Is there any hope that these issues will be resolved? Should I open bugs to
> track these?
Once again, it works for me. See e.g.
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/d5a4d2266b45107cf8d7c0d0137c77b797d836b6

I have added "ihse at openjdk.org" as a mail address to my Github account.