Still Invalid @openjdk.java.net mail addresses, and unassociated commits at GH

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 07:19:49 UTC 2021

Hi Magnus,

Thanks a lot for helping! Answers inline below.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 5:31 PM Magnus Ihse Bursie <
magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com> wrote:

> On 2021-02-18 15:38, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > It has been six months now.
> >

> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/skara-dev/2020-October/003617.html
> > - we still have invalid mail addresses like stuefe at openjdk.java.net,
> which
> > cannot be replied to, read or verified in GitHub. They clutter the
> mailing
> > list archive with invalid mail addresses too.
>
> I do believe this works now. At least I get mails to
> ihse at openjdk.java.net delivered to my Oracle mail address. Maybe the
> mapping for non-Oracle mail address is not finished yet..?
>
> (I also get mails to ihse at openjdk.org, but that seems to work only from
> Oracle's SMTP servers, not from outside servers)

Yes, seems this started working for us too. At least for
stuefe at openjdk.java.net. stuefe at openjdk.net and both org variants don't get
through. Remaining nit is that Github still marks stuefe at openjdk.java.net
as undeliverable, but I can live with that.

> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/skara-dev/2020-October/003752.html
> > - we also still have this issue, which may linked to the invalid mail
> > addresses, that a large number of the developers has no real link between
> > their GitHub user and their commits to openjdk are not linked to their
> user
> > name. The proposed workaround of adding the unverified openjdk mail
> address
> > to GH did not work, at least not in my case.
> >
> > Is there any hope that these issues will be resolved? Should I open bugs
> > track these?
> Once again, it works for me. See e.g.
>
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/d5a4d2266b45107cf8d7c0d0137c77b797d836b6
>
> I have added "ihse at openjdk.org" as a mail address to my Github account.
> I think the trick is to use @openjdk.org, not @openjdk.java.net -- maybe
> that is what you have done?

I tried, in the past, @openjdk.java.net and openjdk.java.org, without
success. I'll retry with your suggestion (leaving out the java part).

> Unverified
>

> > Thanks & Cheers, Thomas

Thanks again,

Thomas