RFR: 1026: Skara bot doesn't update Progress checklist for clean backports to show that it is properly reviewed [v2]

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jul 14 15:13:18 UTC 2021

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 13:48:07 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Erik Joelsson has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Add comments
>
> bots/pr/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/bots/pr/CheckRun.java line 344:
>
>> 342:
>> 343:     private String getChecksList(PullRequestCheckIssueVisitor visitor, boolean isCleanBackport) {
>> 344:         var checks = isCleanBackport ? visitor.getReadyForReviewChecks() : visitor.getChecks();
>
> I find the name of the new method a little confusing. A clean backport is ready for integration not for review. Maybe just `getReadyChecks` or `getChecksClean`? I'll leave it up to you.

I understand the confusion. I chose the name to fit in with the current model and naming. When CheckRun evaluates if a cleanBackport PR is ready for integration, it calls PullRequestCheckIssueVisitor.isReadyForReview() (instead of .messages().isEmpty()). So the state we are checking for in the visitor is already named "readyForReview". The new method builds on that and returns the checks that were used to decide if it was readyForReview.