[External] : Backporting a set of patches in a single commit

Kevin Rushforth kevin.rushforth at oracle.com
Wed Jul 21 21:36:48 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph,

Yes, I think one solution would be to enable the dependent pull request
feature of Skara for your repo. It's already being used by the jdk
project. Since it is already implemented and tested (at least for
original fixes, but I can't think of anything that would preclude it for
backports), it would be easy to set up so you could try it and see if it
met your needs.

FWIW, I ran into this in a couple cases myself when backporting fixes to
jfx11u after the Skara switch. I ended up testing them in a branch where
I pulled in the relevant fixes I needed, and then did them as separate
PRs in the right order. Since they were clean it took only a few extra
minutes. It was the testing that took all the time anyway, but I
couldn't help thinking that dependent pull requests would have made it
easier.

-- Kevin