RFR: 1076: Not possible to use 'Backport <sha>' if original bug doesn't have public sha [v2]

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jun 11 19:54:18 UTC 2021

> This patch adds a new way of declaring a pull requests to be a backport for situations where the original hash of the original change is not known or available. Technically such a PR should already work without the backport label, but it will display a warning about the issue not being open. By being able to declare a backport, that warning will be eliminated, which should make the user experience smoother and hopefully help avoid mistakes.
>
> To use the new feature, you create a PR with a title "Backport <issueid>" instead of "Backport <hash>". Once this goes live, I will update the Skara wiki documentation.

Erik Joelsson has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains five additional commits since the last revision:

 - Merge branch 'master' of https://git.openjdk.java.net/skara into SKARA-1076-backport-issue
 - sha -> hash
 - SKARA-1076
 - Revert JDK 15 bump