RFR: 1076: Not possible to use 'Backport <sha>' if original bug doesn't have public sha

openjdk-notifier [bot] "github.com+73116608+openjdk-notifier[bot]" at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jun 11 19:54:19 UTC 2021

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 18:02:28 GMT, Erik Joelsson <erikj at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This patch adds a new way of declaring a pull requests to be a backport for situations where the original hash of the original change is not known or available. Technically such a PR should already work without the backport label, but it will display a warning about the issue not being open. By being able to declare a backport, that warning will be eliminated, which should make the user experience smoother and hopefully help avoid mistakes.
>
> To use the new feature, you create a PR with a title "Backport <issueid>" instead of "Backport <hash>". Once this goes live, I will update the Skara wiki documentation.

The dependent pull request has now been integrated, and the target branch of this pull request has been updated. This means that changes from the dependent pull request can start to show up as belonging to this pull request, which may be confusing for reviewers. To remedy this situation, simply merge the latest changes from the new target branch into this pull request by running commands similar to these in the local repository for your personal fork:

git checkout refactor-pr
git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/skara master
git merge FETCH_HEAD
# if there are conflicts, follow the instructions given by git merge
git commit -m "Merge master"
git push