RFR: 913: Skara should honor .gitconfig and /etc/gitconfig

Erik Helin ehelin at openjdk.java.net
Thu Mar 11 13:35:05 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 11:01:00 GMT, Magnus Ihse Bursie <ihse at openjdk.org> wrote:

> In SKARA-868, the fix to ignore .gitconfig and /etc/gitconfig was applied universally, which is causing trouble for users. The intention from the filer was to just disable this when running the Skara tests. I still think we should have a way to ignore gitconfig when running tests, but we need to keep honoring the git configuration at runtime.

vcs/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/vcs/git/GitRepository.java line 53:

> 51:     private static final Hash EMPTY_TREE = new Hash("4b825dc642cb6eb9a060e54bf8d69288fbee4904");
> 52:
> 53:     public static void ignoreUserConfiguration(boolean ignore) {

I would probably have named the method `ignoreConfiguration` and skipped the `boolean ignore` parameter. It doesn't seem like we ever pass `false` to `ignoreUserConfiguration`. If we need it in then in the future then we can add a method like `enableConfiguration`.