JavaSound status

Alex Menkov Alexey.Menkov at Sun.COM
Tue May 22 09:42:32 PDT 2007

Peter,

As far as I understand the process, it's no so easy to integrate other
open-source code to OpenJDK. Code author needs to sign up SCA before the code
can be integrated (otherwise it will be impossible to port the change into
SunJDK). In most of open-source projects it's difficult to determine authors,
often open-source projects contains code from other open-source projects.

So you can contribute to OpenJDK your own code, but you can't contribute any
open-source code.

Regards
Alex