<Sound Dev> Comment on bug JDK-8013586

Dan Rollo danrollo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 04:41:21 UTC 2015

If this approach is taken, I’d like to suggest using a ‘final’ var instead of ‘null init/null check’, for example:

public AudioInputStream getAudioInputStream(File file)
        throws UnsupportedAudioFileException, IOException {

    final FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(file);
    try {
        return getAudioInputStream(new BufferedInputStream(fis));
    } catch(IOException|UnsupportedAudioFileException e) {
        throw e;
    } finally {
        fis.close();
    }