<Sound Dev> [9] Review Request: 8038139 AudioInputStream.getFrameLength() returns wrong value for floating-point WAV

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Feb 5 17:20:02 UTC 2016

Hello, Audio Guru.

Please review the fix for jdk9.
There are two bugs in this area:
  - in the WaveExtensibleFileReader.java/WaveFloatFileReader.java we
create the AudioInputStream using the data size in bytes instead of the
the size in frames. In the fix the size in bytes is divided by the size
of the frame.
  - in AiffFileWriter.java we incorrectly calculate the data size in
bytes(for example if the sample size is less than 8). instead of
     numFrames * channels * sampleSize / 8
it should be
     numFrames * channels * ((sampleSize + 7) / 8)

And when later we read this data in AiffFilereader we incorrectly
calculate the FrameLength.

In the test I created some fake stream and converted it to a different
formats with expectation that FrameLength will be preserved.

Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8038139/webrev.00

--
Best regards, Sergey.