<Swing Dev> <AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: JDK-8071532 Fix for java/awt/print/PrinterJob/ImagePrinting/NullClipARGB.java fails with PrinterException: No print service found

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Sun Feb 1 23:03:03 UTC 2015

#1 this is being reviewed on the wrong list  printing should be reviewed
on 2d-dev
and the bug cat should be client/2d
#2 I see you prepared the webrev against 9/dev. It should be 9/client.
#3 In general I think that its questionable to make this change. Granted
other
tests do this but there is a slippery slope to not testing printing
properly.
How do you actually test that print *lookup* is working properly if you
change tests like this ? We have had bugs (and may be still do) where
we fail to find printers that are there.
I have multiple times over many years told SQE that they need to install
printers on system doing client testing rather than changing tests to
'pass'.
Either that or enhance jtreg so there is a way to flag that a test was not
really run. So I would say this change should not be made.

-phil.