<Swing Dev> RFR: 8272232: javax/swing/JTable/4275046/bug4275046.java failed with "Expected value in the cell: 'rededited' but found 'redEDITED'."

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.java.net
Thu Aug 12 04:16:22 UTC 2021

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 09:03:57 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The test fails in CI testing citing expected "rededited" but found "redEDITED", which seems to point to fact that either there is a CAPS_LOCK key switched on or some other test did not use SHIFT key corectly  ie, pressed but not released.
>
> Considering many more tests would have failed if CAPS_LOCK is turned on, I tried to find if some tests uses SHIFT key mistakenly and it seems JRadioButton test has press/release order wrong and it uses SHIFT. Rectified that.
>
> In addition, corrected some known CI issues ie waiting after frame is made visible, made frame to centre. Along with that, also modified testcase to check lowercase string. Since the original JDK-4275046 issue is about newly entered text is made part of cell or not, it does not matter if it's in lowercase/uppercase and if such CAPS_LOCK or Shift key problem happens again, this test will not be affected.
>
> CI run for several iterations running these 2 tests one after another in all platforms is green.

I am not sure of the actual reason...But I thought physically accessing the system at this time and pressing CAPS will be less possible at this time of pandemic than some test doing something wrong..
In Anycase, I have taken care of that in the test by checking lowercase so that if CAPS or shift is pressed by anyone/anytest, it willnot affect this test (and as I told original bug is about new characters being part of field, lowercsae/uppercase does not matter)