[threeten-dev] Changing Chronology to an interface and AbstractChronology

roger riggs roger.riggs at oracle.com
Tue Oct 8 09:29:29 PDT 2013

Hi Stephen,

By applying the proposed change to AbstractChronology, the JapaneseDate
Javadoc
becomes much less informative and complete,  the only references to some
methods,
such as dateNow(), are in the tiny list of methods inherited from the
supertype.

AbstractChronology duplicates the implementations of the default
methods of the interfaces (though they could just delegate).

Javadoc:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/javadoc-chrono-interface-8025719/

      webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-chrono-interface-8025719/

The negative effects of adding generics to AbstractChronology seem to
outweigh
the benefits.

Suggestions welcome,

Roger