RFR: initial set of tests for nestmates vm exploration

Stas Smirnov stanislav.smirnov at oracle.com
Tue Feb 16 11:08:11 UTC 2016

Hi Maurizio,

thanks for you feedback. Please see my comments below

On 16/02/16 13:39, Maurizio Cimadamore wrote:
> Looks good; I found few typos i.e. PPRIVATE and pprivate (is that
> deliberate?).
pp means package private :) just decided to shorten the long name here

> Also, on a more substantial point, these are all positive tests; would
> it make sense to have also some negative tests to verify that:
>
> * you can't get access outside nestmate boundaries (perhaps hard to
> write/compile with javac, but should be doable with reflection)
> * private members are not accidentally inherited (again, hard to
> write/compile with javac)

I have it all actually in my list for future test cases, with Karen we
have decided that it will be a good start to have some general positive
test cases to cover the basic functionality and all the access
modifiers, to be able later to focus on the interesting part
like private and protected and the rest test cases base on it.

--
Best regards,
Stanislav