RFR JDK-8182678: add javac and method handle support for mangled value class names in CONSTANT_ClassInfo

Maurizio Cimadamore maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com
Thu Jun 22 00:12:20 UTC 2017

Hi
the following two patches:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcimadamore/8182678_langtools/
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcimadamore/8182678_jdk/

Add support for mangled value class names in ClassInfo for both javac
and the bytecode API (used for MH spinning).

The support is enabled with these two options:

javac: -XDmangleClassInfo

jdk: -Dvalhalla.mangleClassInfo=true

I also added class reading support to javac - and that's always enabled.

I verified that javap works as expected - since a ClassInfo is just a
string, javap doesn't complain if there's an extra ';' prefix in there,
so things looks good already.

Cheers
Maurizio