hg: valhalla/valhalla/hotspot: value_store/ValueArray header & element size fixes

David Simms david.simms at oracle.com
Tue Mar 14 13:39:15 UTC 2017

Grrr, there remains a bug...

value_store is using "nonstatic_field_size() << LogBytesPerHeapOop"
which is not always jlong size aligned.

So whilst JVM_Clone for whole object (i.e.: from oop header through all
fields) is guaranteed to be align size to jlong for copying, just the
field payload is not. Value store operations for array load/store and
derive value type copying, do not want to copy mark and klass ptrs.

We align up the start of the fields to BytesPerLong, I guess the
nonstatic_fields_size also needs jlong alignment when greater than
BytesPerLong (i.e. small values remain small, copy via jbyte, jshort and
jint pointers).

Will push a quick fix soon, unless I hear any objection.

/David Simms