RFR(M): 8206141: [lworld] Improve accessing a flattened value type array passed as Object[]

Tobias Hartmann tobias.hartmann at oracle.com
Mon Oct 1 10:13:45 UTC 2018

Hi Roland,

The code in parse2.cpp:212 is now always null checking the value for Object array stores, right?

Why do you need the gen_value_type_array_guard in parse2.cpp:241? Couldn't you do the null checking
in the runtime? This code also emits a redundant check for is_value_array.

I think you can remove the now unused GraphKit::gen_flattened_array_guard. Also, you can remove the
whitespace before ; at parse2.cpp:214 (no new webrev required).

You are now always calling gen_value_type_array_guard with NULL as elem_klass, so you can remove
that argument.

Thanks,
Tobias