RFR(L): 8212190: [lworld] Support for nullable value types in C2

Tobias Hartmann tobias.hartmann at oracle.com
Mon Oct 22 14:15:06 UTC 2018

Hi Rémi,

On 19.10.18 23:26, Remi Forax wrote:
> I suppose that c2 if only able to determine if a value type is never null only for local variables not for fields.

Flattened fields are always non-null. For flattenable field loads we need a null-check but can
scalarize the result because null corresponds to the default value. For non-flattenable (i.e.
nullable) fields, C2 could still use profile information to speculate on nullness but we currently
don't do that.

Best regards,
Tobias