[Nestmates] RFR (S): Support access to VM annotations from nonfindable classes

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Oct 31 22:11:04 UTC 2018

Hi Lois,

On 1/11/2018 7:18 AM, Lois Foltan wrote:
> Please review the following change as part of the ongoing prototyping
> work to support MethodHandle Lookup functionality to define a nestmate
> class.  In particular this fix allows access to VM annotations for
> nonfindable classes.
>
> webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lfoltan/wrk_nestLookupDefineClass_annotations.1/webrev/

So all that effort to pass through one boolean just so it can eventually
be used in one place:

2095   const bool privileged =
loader_data->is_the_null_class_loader_data() ||
2096
loader_data->is_platform_class_loader_data() ||
2097                           loader_data->is_shortlived() ||
2098                           can_access_vm_annotations;

? We definitely need to find a better way to transmit this contextual
information. :)

Otherwise looks fine.

Are you likely to push this evening? Otherwise I will push my change and
then you'll have the awkward merge to do.

Thanks,
David