RFR 8219242 [lworld] C1 aastore on a Phi node needs flattened array check

Tobias Hartmann tobias.hartmann at oracle.com
Tue Feb 19 07:43:59 UTC 2019

Hi Ioi,

I assume the value->type()->is_object() check is to avoid emitting checks when we are storing a
primitive? But what if 'value' has an exact type? For example, it could be java.lang.Integer and in
this case we don't need a flattened array check.

Also, it's confusing that you pass 'x' as value in line 2061.

What if ValueArrayFlatten is disabled? needs_flattened_array_check() would still return true. I
would suggest to move the array->as_Phi check into 'maybe_flattened_array'.

Best regards,
Tobias