Oredering of fields in inline types and records

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Fri Mar 6 16:59:21 UTC 2020

Yes and yes.  The VM still has this flexibility.

Because the protocol (construction and deconstruction) of records appeals to a canonical ordering of components, we reify this ordering in the Record attribute, and expose it via reflection.  But that is the only place the components are guaranteed to appear in the order they did in the source.