(Nestmates) RFR (M): 8240645: Update nest host determination in line with latest proposed JVMS changes for JEP-371

Lois Foltan lois.foltan at oracle.com
Mon Mar 9 16:18:43 UTC 2020

Hi David,

Overall looks good.  I do have a couple of comments on the latest webrev.

interpreter/linkResolver.cpp
- lines 609-618 and 966-975, the if statements constructing the
nest_host_error_1 and nest_host_error2 could be reduced to something
like the following:

ss.print(", (%s%s%s)",
                (nest_host_error1 != NULL) ? nest_host_error_1 : "",
                (nest_host_error1 != NULL && nest_host_error2 != NULL) ?
                (nest_host_error2 != NULL) ? nest_host_error2 : "");

oops/instanceKlass.cpp
-  the error message constructed on line #321, would you consider
dropping the "(loader: %s)"  part?  The only contexts that
ik->nest_host_resolution_error() is called are in linkResolver.cpp which
in both cases already reports the module & loader of each type.  It just
seems to be redundant information.

Thanks,
Lois