Review Request: 8238358: Implementation of JEP 371: Hidden Classes

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Fri Mar 27 23:01:58 UTC 2020

Hi Mandy,

On 28/03/2020 8:29 am, Mandy Chung wrote:
> Hi Vicente,
>
> hasNestmateAccess is about VM supports static nestmates on JDK release
>  >= 11.
>
> However this is about javac --release 14 and the compiled classes may
> run on JDK 14 that lambda and string concat spin classes that are not
> nestmates. I have a patch with Jan's help:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/valhalla/webrevs/8171335/webrev-javac-target-release-14/index.html

+             /**
+              * The VM does not support access across nested classes
(8010319).
+              * Were that ever to change, this should be removed.
+             boolean isPrivateInOtherClass() {

I'm not at all sure what this means - access across different nests?
(I'm not even sure what that means.)

Thanks,
David
-----