[lworld] RFR: 8244313: [lworld] Evolve javac's code generation to match scheme documented in SoV

Srikanth Adayapalam sadayapalam at openjdk.java.net
Fri Apr 16 12:31:45 UTC 2021

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 12:12:32 GMT, Srikanth Adayapalam <sadayapalam at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Generate code according to the scheme outlined in the Members section of https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~briangoetz/valhalla/sov/04-translation.html

hotspot-runtime folks,

This patch is failing one test: runtime/valhalla/inlinetypes/CircularityTest.java, I think under the code generation scheme outlined in https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~briangoetz/valhalla/sov/04-translation.html, this test's expectation of a circularity being found is not valid per a cursory glance, Thanks for looking into it -  If you can provide a fix in time, I can include it in the integration.

JDK corelibs folks,

This patch is failing two tests that make a bad assumption that were only true because javac was not following the recommended code generation scheme outlined in the Members section of https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~briangoetz/valhalla/sov/04-translation.html

Thanks for looking into it - If you can provide a fix in time, I can include it in the integration.