[lworld] RFR: 8262025: [lworld] C2 should optimize acmp of the same inline type [v2]

Tobias Hartmann thartmann at openjdk.java.net
Fri Feb 19 14:11:08 UTC 2021

> I've noticed that a simple `val == val` where `val` is an inline type is not optimized by C2. The reason is that we are buffering the inline type operands before applying optimizations. The fix is to simply check for equality before that.
>
> Best regards,
> Tobias

Tobias Hartmann has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Fixed test bug

-------------

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/343/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/343/files/6b9dc63d..e0ccb503

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=valhalla&pr=343&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=valhalla&pr=343&range=00-01

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 1 ins; 0 del; 0 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/343.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla pull/343/head:pull/343

PR: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/343