[lworld] RFR: 8266890: [lworld] [AArch64] add support for InlineTypePassFieldsAsArgs [v2]

Nick Gasson ngasson at openjdk.java.net
Thu May 27 10:23:26 UTC 2021

On Thu, 27 May 2021 07:14:58 GMT, Tobias Hartmann <thartmann at openjdk.org> wrote:

> But that only simplifies the C++ code and not the assembly code that is emitted right? I wonder if we shouldn't aim for optimal assembly because this code will be exercised a lot.

Yes. I thought about it a bit more and I've modified it slightly so the sp_inc stack slot stores `total_frame_size - 2*wordSize` which is more like x86 and also saves one instruction when removing the frame (see the last commit
d9fa572).

Sure. Do you have any ideas about this one? https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8264340