Towards Minimal L World

Maurizio Cimadamore maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com
Thu May 17 18:07:23 UTC 2018

This seems a very promising direction; as Dan points out, one of the
sore points of previous 'minimal VT' effort was lack of compiler
support; this guarantees more or less same features, but with some
compiler support sprinkled on top.

While I think going down into a syntactic bikeshed right now would be
way too premature, IMHO, one thing that the language has to figure out
is how the construction model for value types is exposed to programmers.
Withers are very good at the bytecode level, not so much at the source
level. Whatever we can do to minimize the entry barrier there I think
would be very welcome.

Maurizio