JLS spec changes for nestmates

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Dec 18 01:15:07 UTC 2017

Hi Dan,

On 16/12/2017 4:37 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
> FYI, here are the spec changes for JLS related to nestmates.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dlsmith/nestmates-jls.html
>
> I've also attached them to the JBS subtask:
>
> This is just some cleanup to more closely align the JLS description of method invocation with the actual (updated) JVMS rules.

That all seems fine to me.

> I looked over 13.1, and think it does a fine job of allowing binaries to use the NestHost and NestMembers attributes without any changes (see items 9 and 10 in the second list).

I don't follow. Items 9 and 10 seem to pertain to the InnerClasses
attribute. NestHost and NestMembers can not, in general, be used to
convey the information required by items 9 and 10. The NestHost
attribute need not refer to the immediately enclosing class. The
NestMembers attribute only appears in the top-level NestHost class.

Thanks,
David