notes from Valhalla meeting 5/24/17

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Wed Jun 21 20:59:47 UTC 2017

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 12:37, forax at univ-mlv.fr wrote:

Relevant bit:

  CONSTANT_ConstantDynamic_info {
      u1 tag;
      u2 bootstrap_method_attr_index;
      u2 name_and_type_index;
  }

  The value of the name_and_type_index item must be a valid index into the constant_pool table. The constant_pool entry at
  that index must be a CONSTANT_NameAndType_info structure (§4.4.6) representing a field name and field descriptor (§4.3.2).

i.e. name and descriptor indexed by CONSTANT_NameAndType_info must conform to a field name and field descriptor respectively, but there is no such actual field.

Hth,
Paul.