JVMS draft for L-world value types with support for nullability

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Thu Feb 1 19:05:06 UTC 2018

On Feb 1, 2018, at 5:24 PM, Paul Sandoz <paul.sandoz at oracle.com> wrote:

> an enum class to also explicitly be a value class

Yes, it's probably doable, but we would have to work out the
migration story, and also figure out how to manage the Enum
supertype.  Remember that one of the ongoing challenges
of VT's is the role of Object.  For value-enums, I think we
would reprise the role for Enum.  I'd rather have template
classes under my belt before tackling that, so I could make
Enum behave differently as an object vs. a value supertype.