Final CONSTANT_Dynamic spec

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Wed Feb 14 20:23:22 UTC 2018

On Feb 14, 2018, at 12:06 PM, Daniel Heidinga <Daniel_Heidinga at ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> The stackoverflow in this example occurs in the static argument resolution phase, not the BSM invocation.

In one particular JVM implementation with which I am familiar,
an OS stack overflow occurred in the static argument resolution
phase of a test case like this, *but* it was not converted into
a Java SOE; it turned into a hard crash.

This was fixed, in that JVM implementation, by threading the
static argument resolution logic through a Java call, which
brought the appropriate overflow sensing and conversion
logic.

— John