CONSTANT_Dynamic bootstrap signature restriction

Dan Smith daniel.smith at oracle.com
Thu Mar 8 18:17:00 UTC 2018

> On Mar 7, 2018, at 3:51 PM, forax at univ-mlv.fr wrote:

You have correctly identified the trade-off: ease of use for condy (in the future, if we decide to pursue it) vs. consistency with indy.

Our claim is that it is *possible* that the inconsistency will be worth it. If not, we can drop the restriction and make things consistent again.

FWIW, another goal is to move most of this logic into an API, so that it will no longer be a matter for VM implementations (and specifications!) to have to worry about.

—Dan