Equality for values -- new analysis, same conclusion

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Mon Aug 12 19:47:00 UTC 2019

> and here we disagree,
> first, you don't have to extend ==, you can let it die.

I agree that is a possibility (and I've been quite clear about this).
Where I don't agree is that this is the _only_ sane possibility, nor do
I agree that this is somehow intrinsically desirable.  You've flat-out
assumed that it is, and gone running from there, which is a totally fair
opinion, but rates a zero on the persuasion scale....

So, if you want to make this case, start over, and convince people that
Object== is the root problem here.