Fwd: The Spirit of acmp

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Mon Sep 30 20:11:08 UTC 2019

This was received on the -comments list (some time ago).

The gist of this comment is that this particular commenter is willing to
trade completeness for speed, by trying to make a "best efforts" attempt
to have ACMP compare values, but punt when it comes to recursion (an
idea we've discussed before.)  He gets there by appealing to the
distinction between "pure" and "polluted" values, which has also come up
before in the discussion.