null checks vs. class resolution, and translation strategy for casts

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Thu Apr 9 20:26:35 UTC 2020

On Apr 9, 2020, at 1:20 PM, John Rose <john.r.rose at oracle.com> wrote:

> No specs were harmed in making this proposal.

P.P.S. Although there’s no precedent yet for it except static
code rewriters, we could also intrinsify certain indy instructions
in the same way, as early as the interpreter.  Then we’d have
customized verifier rules, based on each indy instruction signature,
at no runtime cost, even at startup, thanks to the intrinsification
logic.  There are lots of ways to skin this… orange.