Reference-default style

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Sun Feb 9 15:26:49 UTC 2020

I think what dan is saying is that you are positing a degree of freedoms that is unnecessary.  We want to have abs classes that can be a base for both inline and idents.    An abstract ctor can be the indicator of this.  But, why bother with allowing such a class to extend one that doesn’t meet the same requirements?  They will be useless for in lines anyway.  Require that the ctors be “abstract all the way up.”

Sent from my iPad