EG meeting, 2020-06-17

Dan Smith daniel.smith at oracle.com
Tue Jun 16 18:13:52 UTC 2020

The next EG Zoom meeting is tomorrow, 4pm UTC (9am PDT, 12pm EDT).

I've volunteered to take over from David leading the EG discussions at these bi-weekly meetings.

I'd like to try to focus our meetings a little better on specific topics that people have already had a chance to think about. Generally, I think this means we should draw agenda items from recent emails to the list.

With that in mind, here are some threads that are potential topics for tomorrow's meeting. If you want to add something, send an email about it!:

- "Evolving CONSTANT_Class": I described some design choices involving constant pool encodings of types and classes. I'd love to make some progress here, let's discuss.

- "The fate of int, int.ref, and Integer": Kevin asked some questions about terminology surrounding primitives and the plans for wrapper classes. I think this is settled, other than the fact that we owe a fleshed-out proposal detailing our plans for wrapper classes.

- "Valhalla basic concepts / terminology": I added some thoughts about language model terminology. Nothing specific to resolve here.