ZGC unstable behaviour on java 17

Erik Osterlund erik.osterlund at oracle.com
Mon Nov 8 13:45:55 UTC 2021

Hi Anatoly,

Thanks for reporting this. This looks rather odd indeed. Unfortunately, the attached images have been stripped from your original email.

It’s particularly interesting that you see this behaviour when migrating from JDK 15 to 17. There have been a few bug fixes, but nothing I can easily imagine causing this. I have been surprised before though. One notable thing in the class unloading path that has changed though, is the elastic metaspace. I see that you use the -XX:MetaspaceReclaimPolicy=aggressive option, which did not exist in JDK15. This makes me wonder if this reproduces also without that option, i.e. the way that you run the workload is more similar.

Anyway, is there any way for me to get access to try to reproduce your issue?

Thanks,
/Erik